I recently attended the 2014 Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT), Top of the Table Meeting in San Francisco, California, USA. All 350 candidates had to qualify and pay their own way to the conference.
It was a fantastic event for the best of the best in financial services from around the world.
I thought it would be great to share some key take aways from the event:
- Master your craft and master yourself
- Be a leader and let the people you are leading know you value them
- The stock market is a place that transfers value/wealth from the impatient to the patient
- Tell people if you are uncomfortable with the level of risk you are taking, in any part of your life
- There are two ways to make money – (i) You making money (personal exertion) or (ii) money making it (passive income)
- You must be nice. It’s a key requirement to being a good person (and becoming a client)
- You’re either getting better or you’re getting worse
- Ask yourself, “Are you pursuing your potential?”
- There are two ways to grow – (i) Grow yourself and (ii) Grow the people around you
- Don’t look to be the best, look to be better!
- Ask yourself, “What do you do differently?”
- Be intentional
- Remain fresh for your audience, clients, family, work colleagues and friends
- Ask yourself, “What’s possible?”
If you’d like to take more time to expand on these key points or understand how they could help you in improving any area of your life, please contact our office to arrange a one-on-one discussion.